Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Clever Clever Land: Partners & Spade

I will come out and say it, I think Andy & Kate Spade are one of the most eccentric and interesting couples out there. If you know otherwise, just don't tell me. I have previously highlighted the current company, Kate Spade in this blog, which it is not owned by the Spade's anymore. I am sure I will highlight the Spade's again and again.

Today, I am going to focus on Andy Spade and one of his current projects/companies, Partners & Spade. P & S consists of Andy Spade & Anthony Sperduti. It is difficult to pigeonhole what P & S actually is. If you can label it with one adjective clever comes to mind immediately. 
It is almost so clever that you aren't in on the joke. Who else has the Grand Opening of a Going out of Business Store? (See the video from Racked to fully understand) I love it! I am not nearly clever enough to come up with that which makes me appreciate people that are.

This list is long: branding, films, books, retail/gallery space, print media, and so many other things so specialized that I don't have space to list them. Ever been to the Liquor Store/Mens J.Crew space? That is the work of Partners & Spade. They also have a storefront/gallery space that is open to the public on weekends. I haven't made it to the store but you should try if you are and NYC'r or are planning a trip. I must hit it the next time I am there.  Below is a link to their site and some images of their work. 
P & S is one to follow!

Partners & Spade Site

J.Crew Men's Shop in Tribeca
Image from PorHomme

The Partners & Spade Storefront
Image from Interview Magazine

J.Crew Brand Campaign 
Image from Partners & Spade

Here are some great articles about Partners & Spade:
Racked - This has a great video I couldn't get embedded. Check it out.