Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Style, Shelter & Lifestyle Magazines: The Next Generation

While I am still mourning the loss of some of my favorite magazines, I was perked up recently with a great New York Times article about the new wave of shelter magazines. The terrible economy the past few years has hit magazines hard and many, that might have otherwise continued to flourish, have made their exit. With that being said, a new crop is springing up that look as (or more) fresh and modern as those we have lost. The one I have heard the most buzz about is Lonny, an online magazine that somewhat picks up where Domino left off. Lonny was launched in 2009 and has gained many loyal fans in those two short years. The Lonny blog and online magazine are a valuable resource for both shelter and lifestyle ideas. Other notable newcomers include Rue, Matchbook and High Gloss.  I have linked all magazines/blogs below so check them out.




The Magazine Graveyard
These greats can still be found on e-bay.
I loved this magazine and
I am not even a mom!
I have stock piled them for when I am.
Shop has been gone a while but I
 loved it!
I still can't quite believe H&G is gone.
I think this was the last issue.
A fave mag with my fave actress.